CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (COVID-19)
In line with the government’s recent announcement confirming that the UK are now in the “delay” phase of the response to COVID-19, we have been steadily escelating steps to protect our service users, staff and visitors as much as possible from the Corona Virus.
We are now taking further preventative measures to keep your loved ones and all of our staff as safe as possible:
With effect from Monday 16th of March 2020 we will be:
- Cancellling all non-essential visits from the local community and external entertainment into the home have been cancelled for the forseseable future. This includes all visits from friends and families and all no-essential health care personal with the exception of Medical professionals. We have not taken this decision lightly, and appreciate that this may cause some discomfort, but feel that this is a necessary step to take.
- We will work hard to ensure service users and their families/friends are able to contact each other through other means such as via phone call or video call, etc.
- Request for essential visits where exceptional circumstances arise will be considered. These can be arranged by contacting the relevant Home Manager. If an essential visit is granted we ask that a number of steps have been taken to limit any potential risk.
- Please DO NOT attempt to arrange a visit to our home for any reason if you currently feel unwell, particularly if you have a cough a fever or high temperature, or have shortness of breath, or if you have been in contact with someone who may have coronavirus.
- If you recently visited a foreign country, you must not attempt to visit the home for at least 14 days from the date you arrived back to the UK.
- Our staff will do all they can to ensure that life in our services remains as comfortable and sociable as possible. We will still ensure that vital medical visits are made, and our staff will ensure that any visitors that do come into the home are not displaying any symptoms and that they throughouly wash their hands on entering the home.
- We are working to ensure that our residents remain as unaffected as possible, and will continue to review our business continuity, particularly regarding the stability of the supply chains and staffing contingency plans so we can continue to deliver the care that our residents and their loved ones expect from us.
Your support and co-operation at this time is much appreciated. Please be assured that we are constantly reviewing the situation. If you have any questions please contact the Home Manager:
Tel : 0115 9602738 and Greenwood Lodge 0115 9847575
Tel : 0115 9819761 and The Bungalow 0115 9817545
Tel : 01623 555900