Job Title: #MGB_Care Assistant Ref:MGB_CA
Accountable to: Directors MGB Care Services
Reports to: Home Manager or Team Leader (Staff Nurse) or Shift Leader
To work as a member of a team to provide a caring environment for the service users, undertaking basic caring duties to meet the service users needs, respecting at all times their rights to dignity, privacy and choices.
- To carry out duties as delegated by the Home Manager or Team Leader.
- To assist service users with daily living activities including dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, feeding and other duties to meet the individual needs of service users
- To support and help service users develop new skills.
- To plan and participate in activities for the service users both in and out of the home.
- To promote service users independence and integration into the community.
- To work and communicate with the staff team and other colleagues.
- To respond to changes and work flexibly in training.
- To take on N.V.Q. training and other training as requested.
- To act as keyworker for service users and advocate on their behalf.
- To undertake escort duties and accompany service users on holidays.
- To be aware of Health & Safety regulations and take reasonable precautions to ensure Safety at work.
The duties and responsibilities of the post will be undertaken in accordance with the policies and procedures and practices of MGB Care Services, which will be amended from time to time.
This job description is subject to periodic revision, following discussion with the post holder.