To assist the Home Manager in managing the home, ensuring high standard of care at all times to meet the needs of the residents and the requirements of Care Quality Commission
Accountable to: Directors MGB Care Services
Reports to: Home Manager
To assist the Home Manager in managing the home, ensuring high standard of care at all times to meet the needs of the residents and the requirements of Care Quality Commission.
- To be responsible for the assessment, planning and implement of individual care plans for clients in collaboration with other staff and guidance from the Home Manager.
- To be in charge of shifts in the absence of the Home Manager and carry out or delegate any duties in the smooth running of the home.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records on residents care, financial procedures, medication administration etc.
- To respect confidentiality regarding residents, parents, relatives and colleagues.
- To be aware of and keep up to date with current policies and procedures with regard to the Registration of Nursing Homes.
- To assist with the induction of new staff to their duties and responsibilities.
- To carry out duties as delegated by the Home Manager.
- To be aware of Fire, Health and Safety procedures and policies, and ensure a safe environment at all times.
- To participate in ‘In House’ Training and Staff Supervsion / Appraisal as part of personal development.
- To undertake any other duties which may be reasonably regarded as being within the requirement of the post.
The duties and responsibilities of the post will be undertaken in accordance with the policies, procedures, and practices of MGB Care Services, which will be amended from time to time.
This job description is subject to periodic revision, following discussion with the post holder.